Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Horse Racing!!!


This past weekend was the annual live race meet at Horseman's Park. The weather was finally not over 100 degrees. I think every live meet since HP has opened was over 100, so it was a wonderful change! The races were wonderful, I fell in love with a mare named Plaid, who was beautiful! Over the course of three days I lost $17.00, which wasn't too awful. I did miss the excitement of Thursday's 1st race in which the starting gate tractor broke down and couldn't pull the starting gate out of the way of the racing horses. I think I would have had a heart attack and jumped over the gate and tried to push the gate out of the way. Thankfully there was an outrider who led ran out onto the track and led the horses around it. They honored him and his horse, Toad, in the winner's circle on Sunday, which was very well deserved. If you couldn't make it this year, plan on attending next year. It's free, cheap food and drinks, and a LOT of excitement!!

Some of the pictures are from when we went out after the races and well got a bit silly. The old people are my aunt & uncle and Chris & Scotty. (haha "old people" :) )

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, this was a lot of fun. Next year we have to make sure Traci is home so she can come. She will be 21 then. She also picked some of the winners without even being there.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to comment on how cool you are, Sara. Really. You are cool. (I hope this comment makes you feel cool)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home