Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Kevin drug me along to enemy territory...


Yes that's right to Oklahoma. Kevin had to go so I went along. But everyone should be proud of me, I did not get into one single fight with a Sooner or a Cowboy. To me that shows I've grown up a little! ;) It was my first time to Oklahoma, so it also was my first time to see red dirt, which I guess was ok. I mean it really was just dirt. We stayed in Stillwater, which is where the U of Oklahoma St is. I got to see the baseball and football stadiums and the nice-nice-nice equestrian team headquarters. We then went to Oklahoma City. We walked around the "Bricktown" area which is sorta like the Old Market, but bigger and with a cool river running through it. We also spent some time at the memorial for the OKC bombing, which was very moving. If you ever get a chance to stop by OKC, it is well worth the time to stop and pay your respects. It was only for three days, but still nice to get out of Omaha for awhile.

The picture is of me with the OSU Equestrian Team's horse. And I of course was wearing my Husker stuff! Woohoo!!

4 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AT LEAST YOU WERE WEARING YOUR HUSKER SHIRT.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

*groan* She wore nothing but husker filth all 3 days. It looked like memorial staduim threw up on her.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Sara The Great said...

I did not!!!!!!! And anyway I can't help it if most of my clothing is husker related!!! Plus you gotta represent!

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, neat pictures. Just think you will be part of the new UNO Equesterian(sp?)team and Kevin can come to each event to root you on. In the old days in the memorial coliseum when Oklahoma was playing they would yell "Better dead than sooner Red".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home