Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Broken Bow


Over the last weekend in June, Sheryl, Scott, and I traveled to Sheryl's old stomping ground around Broken Bow. We not only competed in two barrel racings, but also went on a trail ride through the canyons and hills of central Nebraska. What I know now is Nebraska is certainly NOT flat. The country side was beautiful. We also took a trail ride around Sheryl's family's ranch and went to a rodeo. The barrel racings for me went well, except for the first race in which I had issues with my hat , which led to a not so great time. The second run I did much better and almost placed in the 3-D. It was really tough competition, but everyone was super nice and we had a lot of fun. I do highly recommend a trip out to Central Nebraska if you ever do get a chance. Check out these pictures to see how beautiful it is!!

This picture is of Sheryl on Gypsy, Scott on Pat, and me on Chance before the trail ride near Calloway. The trail ride went up and down some really steep hills, which for a city girl like me was somewhat scary. Plus I guess I am very afraid to fall over the cliff of a canyon, so I really tried to stay away from the cliffs. The best part of the ride was at the very end. We had to ride up this huge hill to the top of a ridge where a breakfast was being served. Along with the horseback riders, hay-rack rides also took non-riders to the ridge. The ride was beautiful. It was in the middle of nowhere. The only man made structure you could see was a windmill. It really was refreshing from the view and noise of the city. Oh yeah, but the best part was that Sheryl and I ran full speed up the hill on our horses. I frankly was a little scared Chance would trip or something, but the only thing she did was leap over some odd looking grass like a steeplechaser. I giggled uncontrollably the whole way to the top of the hill! All I know is that I can't wait to go next year!

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LIKE THE PICTURES OF THE HORSES WALKING THROUGH THE FIELDS AND THE ONE PICTURE WHERE YOU CAN SEE JUST PART OF CHANCE'S EAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home